Which type of investment or donation is eligible for a tax rebate?
If a taxpayer invests or donates in the following cases, he will get a direct income tax rebate of 15% of the investment and donated amount.
The following is a list of investment and donation sectors of a taxpayer:
- Life insurance premium.
- Contributions to the provident fund of government officials.
- Employer and officer contributions to recognized provident funds.
- Contributions to welfare funds and group insurance funds
- Contributions to the Super Innovation Fund.
- Maximum investment of Rs. 60,000 / – per annum in Deposit Payment Scheme of any Scheduled Bank or Financial Institution.
- Invest in the purchase of savings certificates
- Investment in shares, stocks, mutual funds, or debentures of companies listed on stock exchanges in Bangladesh.
- Investment in Treasury Bonds approved by the Government of Bangladesh;
- Invest in purchasing a computer or laptop within certain limits.
- Donation to zakat fund.
- Donation to any charitable hospital approved by the National Board of Revenue.
- Donations to organizations established for the welfare of the disabled.
- Donations were made to the Liberation War Museum.
- Donate to Aga Khan Development Network.
- Donate to Ahsania Cancer Hospital.
- Donations made to ICDDRB
- CRP Donations made at CRP, Savar.
- Donations to public welfare or educational institutions are approved by the government.
- Donate to Asiatic Society, Bangladesh.
- Donation to Dhaka Ahsania Mission Cancer Hospital.
- Grants to any national level organization engaged in the protection of the memory of the Liberation War.
- Grants to national level organizations engaged in the protection of the memory of the Father of the Nation.
** The amount of such investment and donation for tax relief is 30% of the total income (recognized — in the fund — Chada, final tax as determined under section 62C and if there is any income applicable to the reduced tax rate) or 1,50,00,000 /. = Money or actual investment cannot be more than less of the three.